I suggest you ...

Please incorporate a power state log feature

I just want a log of when my power state changes from AC to battery and vice versa with detailed timestamps of when the power state changes. This feature is probably very easy to implement but I don't have the necessary programming knowledge to do it myself.

Thanks

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kev MaitlandKev Maitland commented  · 

A profile like this ought to do the trick:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <profiles>
        <profile name="Power Mode toggle" default="True">
        <eventHandlers>
        <switchToBattery>
        <action type="StartProcess" processName="cmd.exe" workingDirectory="C:\Windows\System32" arguments="/c echo %date:~6,4%-%date:~3,2%-%date:~0,2%-%time:~0,2%-%time:~3,2%-%time:~6,2% Switched to battery > %userprofile%\PowerEvent.log" allowMultiple="False" description="Switch to Power Saver" batteryPercentMin="0" batteryPercentMax="100" />
        </switchToBattery>
        <switchToAc>
        <action type="StartProcess" processName="cmd.exe" workingDirectory="C:\Windows\System32" arguments="/c echo %date:~6,4%-%date:~3,2%-%date:~0,2%-%time:~0,2%-%time:~3,2%-%time:~6,2% Switched to AC > %userprofile%\PowerEvent.log" allowMultiple="False" description="Switch to Full Power" batteryPercentMin="0" batteryPercentMax="100" />
        </switchToAc>
        <batteryPercentIncreased />
        <batteryPercentDecreased />
        </eventHandlers>
        </profile>
        </profiles>

It calls cmd.exe and outputs a timestamp to a file called PowerEvent.log in the root of the current user's profile. If you're launching BatterySaver from boot, rather than from login, then change the path to somewhere static (like the folder containing BatterySaver.exe).

Feedback and Knowledge Base